Digital transformation is not just a technological upgrade but a holistic rethinking of how a business operates, interacts with customers, and remains competitive in the digital age. It requires strategic planning, investment, and a commitment to ongoing adaptation and improvement.
A study by Gartner reveals that 91% of businesses are involved in digital initiatives, with 87% of senior business leaders saying digitalization must be a priority for all organizations. (1)
People can interpret the term digital transformation in many ways. It basically means bringing technological capabilities to a process or an entire organization for competitive advantage, improved customer experience and lower operational costs. Artificial intelligence, cloud computing, the Internet of Things (IoT), and data analytics are some technologies used when adopting digital transformation initiatives.
Digital transformation needs consistent long-term efforts to completely transform organizational operations, address improvement areas and upgrade tech capabilities.
It correlates largely with the terms digitization and digitalization:
The Gartner IT Glossary describes digitization as changing from analog to digital form, also known as digital enablement. In other words, digitization takes an analog operation and changes it to a digital format without any different-in-kind changes to the process itself.
Transforming all manual data into digital data to eliminate paperwork, conveniently store data, and reduce human errors is called digitization. Tasks such as scanning financial records and storing them as PDFs on a computer or cloud server are digitization.
The Gartner IT Glossary explains digitalization as using digital technologies to change a business model and provide new revenue and value-producing opportunities; it can be defined as moving to a digital business.
Digitalization means automating business operations to enhance efficiency and profitability. For instance, incorporating intelligent process automation to improve tracking, communication, and version control of creative projects is an example of digitalization. It involves a fundamental re-evaluation and restructuring of how you conduct your business, which includes digitization and digitalization.
Expanding on the role of automation in digitalization, Georg Tacke, CEO and Annette Ehrhardt, Global Head of Communications and Marketing Senior Director at Simon-Kutcher & Partners, believe “Digitalization increases process efficiency and enhances data transparency along with giving your top line a boost. If a company operates an online platform, then the company may already be 80 percent digitalized. It gives way for increased efficiency and customer value by remaining 20 per cent of the way.”
HOW IS DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION DIFFERENT FROM DIGITALIZATION?
Digitalization and digital transformation are two different concepts. An organization can carry out digitalization projects that involve automating processes and using digital tools.
However, digital transformation is not a project to be undertaken in isolation. It is a customer-focused strategic plan that requires an organization-wide change and the implementation of digital technologies.
Digital transformation comprises several digitalization initiatives, but leaders and company executives are under the false impression that digital transformation only involves digitalization. It is a grave strategic mistake on their part.
Digital transformation is a complex process that changes how an organization operates. It involves developing a change mindset and making transformation a core competency as the enterprise becomes customer-driven end-to-end. This agility is essential for ongoing digitalization initiatives but should not be confused with them.
Each stage of the process, from digitization to digitalization and digital transformation, is necessary but insufficient for the next level of the rewiring process. Understanding the distinction between these terms is crucial for organizations that want to embrace digital transformation and thrive in the digital age.
Now that we have clearly defined each of these definitions. Let us look at some of the capabilities we must tap into for a successful digital transformation:
- Strategy Development – A well-defined strategy is the first step to enhance overall business value. Specific areas for transformation must be looked into by companies, namely customer experience, processes, or functions that generate significant value for the business. Organizations must adopt a roadmap-driven strategy outlining the solutions and resources needed to deliver change to specific domains.
- Expertise – A knowledgeable and expert team makes the digital transformation process a worthwhile investment for your organization. Hiring and retaining digital talent is crucial. Employees within the organization must possess the skills and knowledge to leverage digital technologies. Training and upskilling programs can help these bridge skill gaps. The collaborative approach from digital talent and business professionals gives way to a successful digital transformation journey.
To learn more about Digital Transformation best practices and strategies, download our exclusive Case Study resource for detailed insights.
- IT Infrastructure and Integration -A robust IT infrastructure that supports the integration of new digital tools and technologies is essential. Legacy systems may need to be updated or replaced to ensure compatibility with modern digital solutions.
- Data Analytics -Data is of primary importance in the digital transformation journey. The ability to collect, analyze, and derive insights from data allows organizations to make informed decisions, personalize customer experiences, and identify growth opportunities.
- Change Management– Successful Digital transformation often requires a significant cultural shift within an organization. Change management strategies, templates and methodologies help employees adapt to new working conditions and embrace necessary technologies.
For insights on Change Management Approaches, please download our Change Management Strategy resource for improved implementation.
- Scalability and Flexibility – Digital transformation should be scalable to accommodate growth and adaptable to newer technologies. Scalable solutions ensure that the organization can grow without significant operational disruptions.
ROLE OF AI IN DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
The role of Artificial Intelligence, especially Generative AI (Artificial Intelligence) is significant in the digital transformation process. A clear understanding of specific business requirements and goals is a prerequisite to derive maximum benefits from these technologies.
With the influx of new technology trends, it is easy to get sidetracked. We must focus on the potential value derived from these technologies to meet specific organizational requirements.
To leverage Generative AI capabilities, organizations require essential components for digital transformation. They need a well-defined strategy, expertise, and a responsive and scalable operating model. Generative AI also requires constant re-evaluation of roadmaps and prioritized solutions for updated models to support business objectives.
HOW TO START YOUR DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION JOURNEY
To embark on a digital transformation journey, here are a few factors to keep in mind-
- Clearly Defined Goals – It is necessary to clearly define your digital transformation goals and objectives and establish what you have set out to achieve in your organization. This vision will guide your efforts and provide a sense of direction.
- Assess Your Current Tech -A thorough evaluation of your current technology stack, processes, and culture are crucial steps in the digital transformation journey. Identify areas of improvement and opportunities for digital integration within your organization.
- Build A Collaborative Team- Digital transformation requires collaboration across all departments within the organization. A dedicated team with representatives from IT, marketing, operations, and other specific domains are essential for the overall digital success of the organization.
- Invest in Technology -Choosing the right digital tools and technologies that align with your goals is crucial. Organizations must ensure they are scalable and adaptable to their future needs.
- Measure and Update -Organizations must establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to track progress. Constantly assess your digital transformation efforts and adjust your strategy as needed.
DETERMINING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
After undergoing the process of Digital Transformation, it is necessary to assess if the transformation is adding value to your organization.
Here are three key performance indicators to determine its effectiveness:
- Financial Benefits -Digital Transformation services address one or more operational domains that can help generate financial value for the organization.
- Team Effectiveness -Digital transformations often take longer than expected due to a shortage of staff, outdated work methodologies, or a lack of critical capabilities such as efficient product management and user-experience design.
- Change Initiatives – It is crucial to have performance metrics in place for measuring the progress of building new capabilities and ensuring the health of the transformation is consistent. Specific evaluation metrics can be whether the team members are collaborating as planned, whether people are dedicatedly following the plan, whether they are meeting goals, and whether team members are adjusting to new tools, technologies and services built within the organization. An effective change management initiative involves focusing on achieving an optimal outcome rather than striving to achieve a perfect result.
Digital transformation is no longer a choice but a prerequisite for businesses that want to thrive in the digital age. By embracing this transformation, you can better meet customer expectations, gain a competitive advantage, and achieve operational excellence.
Start by defining your vision, assessing your current state, and building a dedicated team. By incorporating the right strategy and commitment, your organization can reinvent itself for the digital future.
Are you ready to embark on your digital transformation journey?
At InovarTech, we believe in the 3i principle: Inspire – Ideate – Innovate. Listen to our story on how we can handhold you in your Digital Transformation journey till benefit realization.
Book a meeting with us!
For detailed insights on Inovar Tech’s Automation initiatives, best practices, and strategies, please refer to this informational YouTube Video on Revolutionizing Business Efficiency: Process Automation Case Study.
- Where and How to Target Your Digital Business Transformation.
- Gartner Information Technology Glossary.
Automation and AI have changed how organizations conduct operations these days. As businesses continue to adopt automation within their operations, they are also using AI to enhance their strategies.
A study by Gartner Inc. reveals that 80% of business leaders believe AI-powered automation can be integrated into any business strategy.(1)
This power duo promises to boost productivity, minimize errors, automate manual tasks, accelerate decision-making via predictive analysis, enhance customer experiences and detect outdated patterns. These technologies collaboratively promote innovation and efficiency and help achieve unprecedented productivity within existing operations.
AI-powered automation is making a significant impact across various sectors, offering a wide range of benefits. Some key areas where AI is driving positive change:
Personalized Product Recommendations
AI algorithms analyze user behavior and preferences to offer tailored product recommendations. This not only enhances the customer experience but also boosts sales and engagement.
Anomaly Detection in Operations
AI can quickly identify unusual patterns or anomalies in large datasets. This is crucial for maintaining operational efficiency and addressing issues before they escalate.
AI’s ability to process vast amounts of data in real-time makes it a powerful tool for detecting fraudulent transactions. This not only saves companies money but also protects customers from financial harm.
Advances in AI
The latest generation of AI technologies is improving classification (sorting data into categories), estimation (predicting values), and clustering (grouping similar data points). This leads to more accurate insights and decision-making.
As AI continues to evolve, it promises to deliver even more value to companies. Improved accuracy, efficiency, and scalability mean that businesses can leverage AI for a broader range of applications and achieve better results.
How Has AI Evolved Over The Years?
In recent years, AI has made significant leaps in natural language processing, machine learning, computer vision and robotics. Translating and giving out customized responses to human speech, image analysis, forecasting patterns based on operational data, and independently navigating environments are some capabilities of newer AI models. This evolution is due to AI’s advancements in data collection, processing, algorithms, and access to vast training data sets.
Hindrances AI and Automation Present Us With
Data and Algorithm bias, privacy constraints, lack of comprehensive data and cyber security risks related to automated decision-making are some hindrances AI and Automation present us with. Despite automating manual tasks, they raise numerous concerns around privacy, security, and the digital divide, especially during crucial processes like the development and deployment of credit processing systems or creating healthcare treatment plans.
The Indispensable Role of AI and Automation
Despite the hindrances, companies can leverage the powerful combination of AI and Automation in numerous ways-
One of the primary advantages of Automation and AI is their ability to ensure accuracy across all operations. These technologies can perform repetitive tasks at an accelerated speed. From data entry to quality control, they can help significantly in reducing errors and increasing overall output quality.
Enhanced Decision Making
AI goes beyond automation and provides valuable insights that can assist in making smarter decisions. By analyzing massive volumes of data in real time, AI can detect patterns, trends, and correlations that may not be noticeable to humans. It enables businesses to make informed decisions promptly, optimizing processes and allocating resources efficiently.
Scalability And Flexibility
As your organization expands and grows, your workload will also increase. Scaling up operations can involve extensive logistical tasks; this is where AI and Automation step in to make your job easy. These technologies offer unparalleled scalability, allowing you to handle increased workloads without proportionally adding to your workforce. Additionally, automation can be customized to fit specific business needs, ensuring adaptability in an ever-evolving market.
Reduced Human Efforts
AI and automation minimize human efforts by taking care of routine, manual tasks, enabling employees to focus on activities that require critical thinking, problem-solving, and innovation. This shift aids in the development of a more skilled and competitive workforce.
Where human efforts end, AI and Automation take over. Businesses can maintain continuous operations around the clock, even across different time zones. These technologies benefit industries that require constant surveillance, like cybersecurity.
Customer Centric Approach
AI-powered chatbots and virtual assistants are changing the way businesses interact with customers. All these tools offer immediate responses to customer queries, enhancing the overall customer experience. AI analyzes customer data, helping organizations tailor their offerings to individual preferences, resulting in greater customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Incorporating AI and automation technologies is not just about keeping up with the latest trends, it is also about gaining a competitive edge. By embracing these technologies, businesses can become leaders in their domain, offering faster, more efficient, and higher quality products or services.
To effectively implement AI and automation throughout an organization, it is essential to establish a well-defined strategy, allocate dedicated resources, and promote innovation and adaptability. Additionally, safeguarding data privacy and security should be of utmost priority, and employees may require training to acclimate to new technologies and processes.
The advantages AI and Automation bring to productivity and efficiency are undeniable. These technologies are no longer a luxury; they have become a prerequisite for businesses aiming to thrive in a rapidly evolving digital world. By harnessing the power of AI and Automation, you are not just streamlining operations – you are paving the way for a future where unprecedented productivity and efficiency reign.
So, why wait? Download our exclusive case study for best practices and implementation strategies. Let us help you embrace these technologies for accelerated business success.
- Gartner Survey Reveals 80% of Executives Think Automation Can Be Applied to Any Business Decision.
Today, how you and I use technology for work and life has dramatically changed. Each year brings with it innovations and trends that have the potential to revolutionize industries and reshape our daily lives. As Leaders, IT professionals and companies, we are focused on technologies that will help us reduce further investments and acquire more returns.
In 2023, several technology trends have emerged that hold significant promise for transforming various sectors. This year began with renewed vigour and enthusiasm for adopting technologies that will be worthwhile for accelerating business performance.
In this blog, we will delve into eight technology trends you should consider this year.
Recently, one new trend that has been making waves in the tech world is Generative AI. It promises to drive sustainable growth, solve global challenges, and transform business operations significantly. Generative AI is the upgraded version of AI, which adds to the innovative capabilities of existing technologies like applied AI and industrial machine learning.
A June 2023 report by McKinsey titled The Economic Potential of Generative AI: The Next Productivity Frontier states generative AI and related models have transformed how businesses will use AI in the future.
For a better perspective, you can read our blog on privacy and security concerns on Generative AI.
Generative AI upgrades components within assistive technology by accelerating application development and making powerful capabilities available to the non-technical user base.
By looking at the latest predictions, we can deduce Generative AI is likely to add $4.4 trillion in economic value by harnessing specific use cases and other diverse uses like drafting email templates to increase overall productivity.
Although we have not seen significant tech investments over the past year, we can remain optimistic about future growth investment prospects. The year 2022 witnessed almost $1 trillion in tech investments, cementing our faith in the value potential of trending technologies.
Despite witnessing a decline in the adoption and uptake of applied AI, advanced connectivity, cloud, and edge computing, we can conclude that it is partially due to their maturity levels. Mature technologies are often exposed to short-term budget dynamics more than recent ones, such as climate and mobility technologies.
One example would be Open AI, which is predicted to go bankrupt by the end of 2024. The operational expenses for Open AI amount to $700,000 per day. Despite experiencing robust success initially, these financial struggles are hindering the company from achieving a revenue level that covers crucial expenditures.
Despite much noise about trending technologies, we must primarily focus on the value and potential of relevant technologies for our business progress. With a careful assessment of emerging landscapes and a balanced approach towards old and innovative technologies, we can harness innovation for sustainable growth.
Let us look at the current and upcoming trends around relevant technologies that tech companies should watch out for.
1. Applied AI
- AI models trained in machine learning can help streamline numerous mundane tasks. They can help segregate data, forecast predictions, and address automation issues for prompt and effective decision-making.
- From natural language processing (NLP) powering advanced chatbots and virtual assistants to AI-driven drug discovery and predictive analytics, AI is reshaping industries and enhancing decision-making processes.
- In 2022, we witnessed significant equity investments towards Applied AI worth $104 billion.
2. Automating Machine Learning
- The constantly emerging world of software and hardware technologies is expediting and eliminating risks involved in automated machine learning.
- In 2022, Machine Learning Automated solutions secured equity investments worth $3 Billion.
3. Generative AI
- Generative AI possesses capabilities that accelerate business operations significantly. The technology helps automate and expedite tasks by harnessing unstructured mixed modality data sets to help generate the latest content. Generative AI can use data sets to produce brand-new text, video, and code, among other things.
- In 2022, Generative AI secured equity investments of $5 Billion.
4. Next-Gen Software Development
- The latest software development tools possess capabilities to enhance application quality and accelerate the development process. These new tools can generate modern code deployment pipelines, automate code generation, and undertake testing, refactoring, and translation.
- One example is the new AI coding partner, the Git Hub Co-pilot tool that generates and refines the code you are working on. It helps solve problems, write tests, and explore new APIs without extensive search. It adapts to your coding method and accelerates the entire process.
- It uses OpenAI Codex, to gain context from written code, and then suggests new lines of code or overall functions.
- Low Code-No Code democratizes software development by accelerating the creation of prototypes, minimizing the development cycle, and fostering collaboration between technical and non-technical teams.
- In 2022, Next Gen Software Development secured equity investments of $2 Billion.
For a detailed insight into Inovar’s Low Code/No Code practices and approaches, download our exclusive whitepaper resource by clicking here.
5. Digital Trust Architecture and Identity
- Digital Trust solutions help companies establish and uphold customer trust; while using their data, digital products, and services.
- Digital trust architecture and identity management play pivotal roles in ensuring secure transactions, safeguarding sensitive data, and providing users with a seamless experience. As technology continues to evolve, so will the strategies and tools employed to build and maintain digital trust.
- Gmail has been attempting to eliminate phishing attacks by incorporating machine learning. If an email appears to be suspicious or a phishing attempt, Gmail will analyze and delay it as a part of its early phishing detection mechanism. Google has been able to intelligently incorporate AI that promptly detects malware and ransomware messages and blocks them immediately.
- The AI-powered Microsoft 365 Defender creates a defensive layer of protection to prevent active threats. It forms a parameter of inspection across numerous security data points like user accounts and end points and isolates the infected entity to prevent widespread impact. It mitigates both horizontal and vertical side-channel attacks.
- In 2022, Trust Architectures secured equity investments of $47 billion.
6. Cloud Computing Services
- Cloud and edge computing distributes work across multiple locations like hyper-scale remote data centres, regional centres, and local nodes to enhance latency, improve data transfer expenses, ensure data sovereignty regulations are complied with, and autonomy over data and security are adhered to.
- This trend is essential for applications like the Internet of Things (IoT), where real-time analysis is crucial. Edge computing also reduces the strain on centralized cloud systems.
- In 2022, Cloud Computing witnessed $84 Billion worth of equity investments and secured an adoption score of 4.
If you are considering migrating to the cloud, download our Cloud Migration Guide.
- Cybersecurity will witness exponential growth of approximately $198 billion in 2025. In the latter half of 2023, cybersecurity professionals will adopt a zero-trust approach towards external data as cybercrimes grow. AI will be a primary component to defend against cyberattacks.
- Cybersecurity is evolving with more advanced encryption methods, biometric authentication, and AI-powered threat detection. Protecting digital assets and sensitive information has become more critical in current times.
- According to the EU Agency for Cybersecurity, the ransomware business model has seen tremendous growth in the last ten years, and its projected expenditures will exceed $10 trillion by 2025.
Download our Security Case Study that we implemented for a large non-profit education organization.
8. Internet Of Things
- The year 2023 has witnessed more than $650 billion in investments in the Internet of Things, with $315 billion from Smart cities and $335 billion from industrial Internet.
- The technology sector will continue to grow despite economic constraints, compelling businesses to streamline their IoT (Internet of Things) expenditure to devices that offer significant ROI.
Download our IoT whitepaper to check on scenarios you can implement for your business.
Trending technologies of 2023 are the result of the rapid pace at which technology and innovation are evolving. From AI-driven upgrades to finding suitable solutions and upcoming technology patterns, these trends will change how we work, interact, and succeed in this digital landscape.
Technology experts believe 2023 will probably be an exhilarating year for witnessing rapid technological advancements in terms of new tools, their diverse capabilities and how businesses will leverage them to tackle bottlenecks and changes.
The selection and adoption of relevant technologies will pave the direction for the success of several industries in the future.
For more understanding of 2023 Cloud Native Trends, please refer to our informational video on Top Cloud Native Trends to Watch in 2023.
- McKinsey Technology Trends Outlook 2023. (McKinsey Report)
- Introducing GitHub Copilot: your AI pair programmer. (GitHub)
- OpenAI might go bankrupt by end of 2024, ChatGPT costing over Rs 5.80 crore per day. (Business India Report)
- Gmail is bringing in AI security for where humans fail. (CNET)
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) has transformed how businesses automate repetitive manual tasks, enhance productivity, and optimize various operations. These compelling factors have driven many company leaders to hire more RPA developers in recent years.
A study by Precedence Research predicts Robotics Process Automation Investments are expected to reach USD 23.9 billion by 2030. (1)
With a plethora of RPA tools available in the market, the onus of choosing the right tool lies with organizations. So, how do you choose the right one to streamline your process automation services? Let us take a look at Gartner’s Magic Quadrant landscape for Robotic Process Automation to help you make more informed decisions around RPA vendors.
Gartner’s Magic Quadrant provides a qualitative analysis of RPA vendors based on their ability to execute and completeness of vision. The four quadrants of this landscape are-
- They have strong execution capabilities and vision and are well established in the market. They have a successful record of accomplishment in terms of implementations and customer satisfaction.
- NICE, Microsoft, Automation Anywhere, UiPath and SSC & Blue Prism are key leaders who have been successful in their RPA executions.
- Challengers are vendors who may possess strong execution capabilities but fall short in delivering a comprehensive vision for the future or innovation in their offerings.
- WorkFusion is one such vendor that has been lingering on the border between Leaders and Visionaries for the last three years.
- Visionaries are innovative and forward thinkers, who may experience discrepancies during execution. They have minimal RPA market presence.
- Pegasystems, SAP, Appian and Salesforce are a few RPA vendors who fall under the “visionaries” category as per Gartner.
- Niche players have a narrow vision and focus, minimal market presence or may still be in the initial stages of development.
- Samsung SDS, Cyclone Robotics, Nintex, IBM and Laiye are among the niche players with limited presence in the Robotics Process Automation market.
Despite these factors, we would advise you to consider the unique needs and requirements of your organization when using the Magic Quadrant to choose RPA vendors. To help you in this quest, we will take you through a list of pros and cons of these RPA tools to make your selection process simple.
Let us delve into UiPath first:
- UiPath is a renowned tool in the RPA industry and boasts a robust set of features that makes it a favourite among all organizations.
- It is a tool for end-to-end automation. It provides augmented governance capabilities, developer-friendly user experience, improved computer vision and cloud-orchestrated RPA as a service.
1. User-Friendly Interface– UiPath provides an intuitive user interface, making it accessible to technical and non-technical users. Its user-friendly interface speeds up the automation implementation process in cloud and on-premises architecture.
2. Product Strategy– UiPath is renowned among RPA clients. It gives way to an integrated low-code platform with enhanced capabilities like IDO, process mining, cloud delivery and PaaS. It caters to a broad range of roles within the process automation lifecycle including IT staff, business techs and integrated teams.
4. Process Mining– UiPath is a powerful tool worth its price. It independently operates to identify the best automation candidates and provides extensive discovery results.
1. Price Point– Its powerful capabilities come with a higher price tag, making it less accessible for smaller businesses with limited budgets. However, UiPath provides a simplified starter package for new customers, which may reduce the cost of entry for customers.
2. Automation Capabilities– Although UiPath has numerous capabilities, many competitors are entering the current market that exceeds or matches these features, especially in complex orchestration, decision automation and case management.
Now let us take a look at Power Automate-
- Power Automate is Microsoft’s entry into the RPA landscape. As part of the Microsoft Power Platform, it integrates seamlessly with other Microsoft products and services, such as Office 365 and SharePoint.
- After being listed in the “Visionaire” category in 2020, the demand for Power Automate has rapidly gained momentum, promising accelerated growth.
1. Native Integration: If your organization relies heavily on Microsoft tools and applications, Power Automate can be an ideal choice due to its seamless integration with the Microsoft ecosystem.
2. Pricing Flexibility: Power Automate offers various pricing plans, including a free tier , which makes it more attractive for smaller businesses and those looking to start their automation journey without a significant financial commitment.
3. AI Capabilities: Power Automate leverages Microsoft’s AI capabilities, such as AI Builder, to enable more advanced automation scenarios with natural language processing, image recognition, and more.
Microsoft Power Automate Process Mining with integrated generative AI aims to boost productivity with greater process insights, minimized complexity of processes and consistent process improvement with automation and low code applications.
1. UX Factor– Businesses and IT users may find it tedious and perplexing to constantly navigate between Teams, PAD and Power Automate.
2. Learning Curve for Non-Microsoft Users: Users unfamiliar with the Microsoft ecosystem might have difficulty adapting to its interface and functionalities.
What To Choose?
- The choice between UiPath and Power Automate depends on the organization’s specific requirements and priorities.
- If a business requires high-level automation with complex processes and has the budget to invest, UiPath is the better option.
- On the other hand, if businesses work extensively with Microsoft products, and require a cost-effective solution, with moderate automation capabilities, Power Automate might be the right fit.
Lastly, UiPath and Power Automate are powerful RPA tools with a unique set of strengths. It is essential to assess the organizational needs, conduct a thorough evaluation, and even consider running a proof-of-concept to determine which one of these tools aligns best with the business automation goals.
For more insights on Power Platform functionality, please refer to our detailed white paper on Power Platform Automation.
The need to automate workflows and integrate data across applications is essential for organizations’ high productivity. Microsoft PowerApps allows businesses to seamlessly build apps and eliminate manual tasks with automation. PowerApps pre-built templates enable build custom apps, importing data into apps from various data sources, and sharing the app across the organization.
How PowerApps transform day-to-day operations?
Sales Appointment Management – enhances workforce collaboration, and access to sales information, and analyzes customer requirements for future engagements.
Product Orders Management – efficient management of product orders, approvals, and rejections.
Leave Management – streamlines day-to-day management of PTO (Paid Time Off) and attendance.
What does PowerApps offer?
Easy to use tool for Business Users to create and connect apps to both cloud and corporate APIs that can be easily shared amongst others within the organization.
Easily build Web and Mobile Apps for your business that integrates Single Sign-On (SSO) to corporate data and services
Complete security access management using any existing corporate API with Azure Active Directory integration.
Rapid creation of Apps using CRUD APIs for many popular, third-party services in the cloud, as well as on-premises services
Full capabilities of Azure App Service – Can host as many Web, Mobile, Logic, and API Apps as your business needs within the fully managed App Service Environment.
PowerApps use cases
1. Event management app that helps end-to-end management of marketing events.
2. Product information repository to help share access to stakeholders.
3. Field service management is a dynamic app that is featured to address specific organizational needs according to service or product.
4. Global contact management and internal communications platform for effective communications.
5. Tracking financial needs through express management, invoice processing, payments tracking, and financial reports.
6. Optimising operational efficiency with customer/employee self-service portals, partner portals, and supply-chain management apps.
1. Automates mundane business processes & manages technology debts.
2. High integration of data across 200+ data sources.
3. Boosts productivity, and efficiency, and enables greater flexibility.
4. Ensures security & allows administering data policies, user control options, and permissions.
5. Do more with the budget, time, and resource constraints.
How we can help!
Inovar-Tech works with clients across industries like Manufacturing, Insurance, Healthcare, Telecom, Retail, Education, and State Governments.
We develop solutions for businesses to address their problems with Data Migration, Process optimization, Automation, Analytics, PowerApps, SharePoint portals, etc.
Talk to us to know more about our use cases and the solutions we provide!
Microsoft adds yet another powerful feature to the low-code/no-code PowerApps. An AI-powered Express Design that can convert any uploaded PDF, PPT, Figma files, hand-written sketches, or screenshots into a working app. Industry-leading AI is built into Express Design that allows seamlessly scanning inputs to produce working apps that can connect to various data sources.
How Express Design works?
1. Upload any files like PDF, take a pic of a hand-written note, a UI screenshot from another app, etc.
2. Power Apps’ inbuilt AI engine trained to recognize common application elements will automatically detect the upload and start generating a working app along with data schema in MS Dataverse
3. Edit this AI-generated app to suit your needs and add more elements
4. Next, integrate with databases like SAP, HubSpot, Salesforce, SQL, etc.
5. Customize the app further with your desired colors, user interface, etc.
Industry-wide use cases
1. Legacy data in various electronic formats which are lying in outdated libraries across many organizations
2. Conference room brain-storm sessions to startup ideas
3. Business function-specific requirements that need to be automated
4. Integration with Figma which enables using the same design with PowerApps Figma UI Kit
5. Interactive educational apps that can be used across a university
Benefits of Express Design in PowerApps
Being true low-code tool PowerApps’ addition of Express Design takes the low-code methodology a step further by enhancing the ease of creating business apps.
This flexibility and ease of creation give organizations the ability to democratize app creation for a specific need by a specific function/department without having to entirely depend on IT.
It also drives organizations to create individual and organizational governance policies along with encouraging innovation by design where ideas are converted, preserved, and shared across the organization fueling growth.
How we can help!
Inovar-Tech works with clients across industries like Manufacturing, Insurance, Healthcare, Telecom, Retail, Education, and State Governments.
We develop solutions for businesses to address their problems with Data Migration, Process optimization, Automation, Analytics, PowerApps, SharePoint portals, etc.
Talk to us to know more about our use cases and the solutions we provide!
In this era of Digital transformation, industries have enhanced their attempt to optimize business processes excelling through Microsoft Power Automate. Many companies are on a spree to trigger platforms like Microsoft Power Automate, Power BI, Power Apps, Power Virtual Bot, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and many more. Among which Power Automate is a tech-stack promising platform that boosts productivity and improves business process efficiency by saving time and cost.
The main backbone of any organization is the business processing unit. With the help of business process automation (BPA), companies achieve at the time spent in manual processing, any human errors made, and inefficiency of systems. Statistical analysis proves that with the help of BPA the markets are ballooning at a rapid increase of 10% every year.
What is Microsoft Power Automate?
Microsoft Power Automate formerly known as Microsoft Power Flow is a cloud-based service also known as a low-code or no-code automation tool, built specifically for workflow and process automation. It includes powerful Robotic Process Automation (RPA), called UI Flows, that allows quick and easy automation instead of time-consuming manual processes.
Companies leverage their platform by seamlessly using the Microsoft office 365 services
- To increase their productivity
- Reduce operational costs, and
- Enhance business process efficiency
Ways organizations can use Power Automate
- Create your own workflow
- Automation recurring, frequent, and routine tasks
- Automate legacy of business processes
- Automate cloud applications and databases
- Design logics for Power Apps
- Automate the central business workflow
Benefits of Power Automate in improving Business Process Efficiency
BPA can significantly alleviate many pain points that organizations are facing today. Implementing and installing the right flows can result in achieving key benefits like reduced workload, operational cost, and human errors while increasing compliance and reliability with optimized performance.
1. BPA significantly balloons the productivity of the business process with varied types of workflow automation like Process flow, Desktop flow, Cloud flow according to their need.
2. All the flows can be connected to the process across Microsoft applications like SharePoint, Business Central, Outlook, Facebook, Twitter, etc. These flows well align with the primary aim of Microsoft Teams where the tools make the process more efficient and easily accessible.
3. Power Automate helps create calendars, manage tasks and time, directly from their emails or Teams chats.
4. Process flows are data-centric with many sources applied for numerous purposes. As data collection is time-consuming and missed data may render errors the process automate helps recover this flaw whenever it is triggered.
5. With Power Flow Automate templates, time can be saved by abrogating manual tasks increasing efficiency. While editing these templates or an original process flow, it creates dynamic content options, catches, and identifies errors with the flow checker, and points to the exact need for attention.
Need of Power Automate in different industries
Power Automate has a significant impact on almost every business sector where flows play a vital role. BPA brought revolutionary changes in many sectors like the Healthcare industry, Manufacturing industry, Retail industry, Finance industry, etc. Significantly digital transformation in industries has witnessed adoption to modern technologies including, cloud, AI, IoT, and RPA.
Just like Inovar helped one of the giant US healthcare organizations to manage their COVID 19 registration through an online application. The applied analytics makes the process smooth with Bots and SharePoint, thereby helping staff to access and manage bulk patient information in just one click.
Similarly, the Financial Services and Banking institutions have rapidly adopted business process management automation solutions. With Microsoft Power Automate, the Financial Service sectors can automate loan processing, account opening, customer data management, and details of staff. The manufacturing and retail industry also implements a similar process as the healthcare and finance sectors.
As service consultants, we understand that the automation of industries varies, and every business has its own business goals and capabilities. Hence, keeping them in mind we build solutions that help improve businesses efficiency with Microsoft Power Platform. Discover more about Power Automate with Inovar.
Robotic process automation or RPA has the power and capability to help organizations increase their output and accelerate their digital transformation agenda. The true benefit of RPA rests on the technology’s ability to increase efficiency while reducing costs. There is no surprise that RPA is gaining traction in the market by taking away repetitive manual tasks from the human workforce and freeing them to focus on more critical strategic functions.
6 steps to use RPA in an effective way
1. Identify the process
The first thing is to carry out a thorough assessment of all the operations, within and across various departments, so that you can determine which processes can prove to be good candidates for automation.
2. Manage expectations:
Implementation of RPA is all about managing the people and their expectations. Employees must be informed about the need for automation, its essentiality, and how it is likely to influence the return on investment (ROI). The most important areas in which you need to manage expectations are:
- Implementation time
- Implementation cost
- Cost savings
- Benefits of analytics
3. Choose the right tool
Another vital task is to have a crystal-clear set of objectives that your company aims towards. There you can follow two criteria. First, you can consider vendor-related criteria, such as their experience or their orientation to future-proof automation solutions.
Another way, you can try to match the RPA software features, like security and screen scraping capabilities, ease of implementation, the total cost of ownership, etc., to your company’s hierarchy of goals and needs.
4. Assessment of ROI
A fine-grained analysis is required for analysis of the feasibility required before successful RPA implementation. It is important for every organization to compare investment against return, and to decide based on this to what extent it is profitable to invest in RPA.
5. Involve your IT team
The members of your IT team can provide critical insight as you choose an RPA tool that meets your business objectives. Their expertise will also be valuable whenever unexpected issues or malfunctions occur. Training for other employees will be also easy with their support.
6. Measuring the performance
Finally, formulate key performance indicators (KPIs) based on which you can find out the success rate of your RPA implementation.
Inovar blends diligence with skill
Inovar delivers state-of-the-art smart solutions by blending diligence with skills. We adhere to the aforementioned steps and identify what processes/functions need to be automated.
Considering the massive importance and benefits of RPA solutions in reducing efforts, improving customer service, and increasing profits, proper implementation becomes pivotal to ensure that every step is duly scrutinized, vetted, and backed.
As the world is moving to Industry 4.0 standards and some countries formalizing these standards, workflow automation is going to play a central role as a driving force for telecom organizations. Workflow Automation reduces the time and costs it takes to activate and provision services, thereby increasing the acquisition of end-users.
Huge traffic and signal compliance create difficulties to collaborate with peer networks, understand their difficulties, and reach out to the right contact network for a possible solution.
SharePoint resolves the problem of seamless collaboration and communication between internal stakeholders – different teams, departments & geographies.
By implementing SharePoint Online telecom organizations can move a lot of their vital collaboration tools to the cloud, enabling peer networks to share problems and concerns, access a single content from a different point, and add value while on the move. With the offline access feature, all data automatically gets synchronized between SharePoint Online and local computers whenever a network connection is available.
SharePoint Online offers a real-time co-authoring feature to enable the stakeholders to collaborate in real-time.
Our proficiency in providing SharePoint solution
Our US telecom client was facing collaboration and communication issues due to an improper and interrupted operation. According to Shivsankar Barik, VP Delivery of Inovar Consulting, the main challenge was that our client’s organization had an issue in collaborating with peers and reaching out to the right SPOCs to find important information.
Our target was to provide them with an automated technical solution to ensure effortless operations and uninterrupted communication. We cut down their time to market and improved their operational efficiency with a 40% improvement in site/signal compliance achieved with the help of big data analytics and helped them migrate from SharePoint on-premise to SharePoint Online. The entire automated environment enriches the visualization and monitoring power in a network. It also provides real-time alerts to avoid any sudden failure.
“What started as workflow automation solution, resulted in huge cost savings optimizing end to end process”- Apratim Ghosh (CEO, Inovar Consulting).
We have come a long way since then having managed their existing SharePoint Sites, built net new sites for different teams. Data security and access control are other vital concerns of our clients. We deploy a hybrid cloud solution applying next-gen technology for controlling access with better data security.
Automated telecom infrastructure with a customer-centered, data-driven culture can drive profit, increase productivity and significantly reduce costs. If you are also looking for an automated technology solution to manage your telecom networking and communication systems feel free to reach out to us.
The pandemic has changed how people around the world live, work, and engage with each other. In late 2019 when covid-19 struck the world, affecting millions of people all over the planet — the healthcare industry was hit the most. The pressing need for resources, information, cost optimization, and supply chain inefficiencies in the sector calls for a major technology overhaul. Therefore, embracing new-age digital technologies is key for healthcare providers in addressing the immediate concerns and driving long-term goals.
Automation makes a revolutionary process change in most of the industries, that has the same or even more potential for the healthcare sector. Introduction of Business Process automation can streamline the healthcare system for simplicity, increase service quality, and manage pen and paper-based manual tasks, saving time and cost without the slightest glitch.
Challenges in Healthcare
Application Disparity: Modern healthcare is a complex environment where many disparate applications work. The complexities also grow with the business. With mergers and acquisitions, modern technologies are adopted to meet new challenges. In this situation managing all technology becomes quite difficult for the healthcare IT departments and business users.
For example, in most healthcare sectors, patient data transfer is still carried out manually in the form of files and documents from one department to another. As the volumes of data are generally high, compiling them in one single process is a tedious and lengthy process. Not to forget, since they are done manually, there is always scope for multiple human errors and miscalculations. The greater the rate of error, the more the cost will be for rectification.
Lack of efficiency in patient service is another challenge that can be a barrier to your organization’s growth and reputation. In most scenarios, customer care executives are busy with paper works and other files and documents compilation that they lack prompt and timely delivery of services to the customers.
I hope you can relate to the problems I discussed above. So now I am going to share how automation becomes an integral part to solve some of healthcare challenges.
The business automation software works on all programs whether, new applications, legacy programs, cloud-based solutions, or on-prem.
BPA makes human-oriented processes much smoother with greater results like increased speed, productivity, and efficiency. Suppose for a patient, scheduling an appointment with a doctor usually happens online in a matter of minutes, but what happens behind the scenes is a bit more complicated. Healthcare institutions have to collect personal information, diagnosis, insurance details, and confirm the doctor’s availability. If the right information cannot be accessed during the registration process, or if the doctor is not available, it is up to the staff to inform the patient beforehand.
Implementing automation can resolve some of the bottlenecks related to scheduling patient appointments. Bots can automate patient data collection and processing, so patients can be optimally scheduled according to diagnosis, location, doctor availability, and other criteria. By simplifying appointment scheduling, healthcare institutions can focus their efforts on providing exceptional service and other tasks that cannot be automated. Automation tools also enable customer care executives to take the assistance of such tools with automated call and email options.
Inovar proposed Automation Solutions with better ROI
Something similar also happened with one of our US healthcare clients. They were also facing customer support challenges during the pandemic. They were primarily using a pen and paper-based system for information collection and symptom analysis. After the outbreak of the virus, a lot of patients started asking for support in their chatbot regarding diagnosis, vaccination, and other medical support.
With a lot of restrictions, it becomes necessary to give patients the capability to run the assessments on their own from the comfort of their homes. Remote work capability also became especially important, and they needed an infrastructure through which they can achieve that.
To manage the entire scenario, they required VPN, which was not designed for such large-scale use resulting in low bandwidth and frequent outages. Additionally, a lot of the content and manual workflows required the physical presence of the employees on the hospital premises that was quite impossible at that moment.
In this critical situation, the first hurdle to cross was to get them to a cloud-based solution to ride care facilities across all their nation-level operations and provide the best health support to patients. This would make remote work possible for the hospital staff in case they were showing symptoms and had to quarantine at home.
In this situation, Inovar helped a leading US healthcare organization to automate their Covid-19 Helpdesk and Registration process from a pen and paper-based manual system to a cloud-based automated solution.
SharePoint Online became the choice of the platform along with Power Platform as their primary productivity technologies allowed them to create a technology framework with a built-in rapid growth mechanism and assist hospital staff to manage the entire remote work process.
With the implementation of the initial solution, the healthcare organization was also facing challenges to roll out the solution in all other locations of the US that becomes much fair with SharePoint and the power platform.
A simple but practical experience gained a high adoption rate within the healthcare organization. The organization’s IT team also considered it as the best rollout experience with almost a zero-touch provisioning and deployment strategy. Ultimately, with all these solutions 90% of their remote and quarantined caregivers were able to serve the patients over remote calls and Online consultation.
The digitization of call centers was a major bonus as it consisted of Automated Diagnosis for Covid, automatic decision-making capabilities, and other similar tools that ensured self-help services that were non-existent before. This resulted in a reduction of 70% in phone calls.
Businesses transitioning from manual processes to comprehensive workload automation tend to go through several phases on their automation journey. If you are also facing the same difficulties within your organization, then Inovar is the best partner to collaborate with and make your automation journey smoother. Feel free to reach out to us we would love to collaborate!